Jamie is an abstract artist based in Rockaway Beach, New York. After graduating from college with a double major in Psychology and Visual Arts, she pursued a masters degree in Applied Behavior Analysis. Jamie enjoyed a 14 year career as a Behavior Analyst working with children and adults on the autism spectrum before making the decision to focus on art full time. She is incredibly grateful that she has had the opportunity to learn from her students and impact their lives in a meaningful way.
Jamie's work is largely inspired by nature. For as long as she can remember, she has been drawn to the ocean. She is constantly inspired, not only by the beauty of it, but by the power and mysteriousness of its depths. Living on the coast has offered Jamie a unique opportunity to immerse herself in the very environment that inspires her most. She can often be found surfing, taking long beach walks, picking up shells, and taking photos of the beautiful, gritty place she calls home.
Jamie loves to incorporate texture into her work whenever she can. She believes that texture adds an element of depth that color alone cannot express. She also see's the act of creating as a form of meditation. In Jamie's words: "The act of painting is a meditative process for me. The process itself brings me so much peace and offers me an opportunity to go inward. It is my sincerest goal to convey that peace and tranquility to the viewer. If viewing my work causes someone to reflect, day dream, pause or come back to the present moment, then it has served its purpose".
- "The Gift of Art": Greene Art Gallery, Guilford CT, 2015
- "Little Wonders" Exhibit: LITM, Jersey City, NJ, 2016
- "Chinese New Year Celebration", Featured Artist, ZenSpace, Hoboken NJ, 2016
- "High Impact" Exhibit: LITM, Jersey City, NJ 2016
- "Structure/Deconstructed", Greene Art Gallery, Guilford, CT, 2016
- "Through the Eyes of an Artist" Panepinto Galleries, 70 Hudson Street, Jersey City, NJ: November 2017-May 2018