I am an abstract expressionist artist based in Rockaway Beach, New York. After graduating from college with a double major in Psychology and Visual Arts, I pursued a masters degree in Applied Behavior Analysis. I enjoyed a 14 year career as a Behavior Analyst working with children and adults on the autism spectrum before making the decision to take a break to focus on art full time. While I miss my students so much, I am truly grateful to have the opportunity to pour my heart and soul into pursuing my passion for creating.My work is largely inspired by nature. For as long as I can remember, I have been drawn to the ocean. I'm constantly inspired, not only by the beauty of it, but by the power and mysteriousness of its depths. Living on the coast has offered me a unique opportunity to immerse myself in the very environment that inspires me most. I can often be found surfing, taking long beach walks, picking up shells, and taking photos of this beautiful, gritty place I call home.
I love to incorporate texture into my work whenever I can. We appreciate beauty so much more when it's juxtaposed with something unexpected. To me, in art as in life, texture adds an element of depth that color alone cannot express.
The act of painting is a meditative process for me. The process itself brings me so much peace and offers me an opportunity to go inward. It is my sincerest goal to convey that peace and tranquility to the viewer. If viewing my work causes someone to reflect, day dream, pause or come back to the present moment, then it has served its purpose.
- "The Gift of Art": Greene Art Gallery, Guilford CT, 2015
- "Little Wonders" Exhibit: LITM, Jersey City, NJ, 2016
- "Chinese New Year Celebration", Featured Artist, ZenSpace, Hoboken NJ, 2016
- "High Impact" Exhibit: LITM, Jersey City, NJ 2016
- "Structure/Deconstructed", Greene Art Gallery, Guilford, CT, 2016
- "Through the Eyes of an Artist" Panepinto Galleries, 70 Hudson Street, Jersey City, NJ: November 2017-May 2018